Sunday, July 17, 2005

Another FO, unfortunately not tempting

I finished my daughter's, Sophie, take a look. This was her creation and she loves it. I've found out I am so out of practice sewing. I bought a new sewing machine just to sew linings in the felted purses I've made, but, I need a lot more practice. I really need to rip this out and do it again, but she's happy with it.






I've decided to rip tempting back and do the sleeves again. It's been an agonizing decision, but I know I won't be happy with it trying to make it work.

In the meantime, I've started the Tivoli shirt in Knit pick shine. So far it's going well. If only I had more time to knit and I didn't read so many blogs each day. I try to knit at least a half hour doing my lunch time and 1- 2hours each day after work. It's just not enough time or I need to increase my speed. I'm going to work on knitting continental to try to increase my speed and to help decrease some of the soreness in my right hand. If I knit too many days consecutively, my little finger aches. Does this happen to anyone else?

1 comment:

Noey D. said...

The purse turned out cute! I love the color of your Tivoli. I'm really loving green these days. I think you'll feel much better after you've ripped back Tempting and start fresh again. I agonize over these things too....but I know I just can't live with certain things. My hands get sore after hours of knitting....my ring and middle finger on both hands. In fact I got a bruise on one finger!