Monday, May 30, 2005

I did it!!

What you may ask... I finished my first pair of socks!! I used the Joan's Wool Ease Sock Pattern from Lion Brand. I must say they are more like slipper socks than socks that you would actually wear with shoes. I used wool ease yarn and size 7 and 9 needles. Yes 7&9 needles, what does that tell you... they are extremely thick...esp for 80 degree Southern California weather. I will try my next pair with sock yarn and smaller needles. The pattern was good for a beginning, I these were meant to be a test pair, to see if I could actually do it. Overall , I'm happy with the results. Here's a picture... Hopefully this works.




Since I started knitting in March, I've completed 3 scarves, 1 (obligatory) poncho, 1 cap for my son and now my socks. My next project will be tempting from knitty.com. Wish me luck.

No comments: