Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ole' Soleil!!

She's done.
When I first began knitting last year and I discovered the wonderful world of knit blogs, one of the first garments that drew my eye was Soleil. Initially I was so intimidated by the thought of knitting a garment, a garment with lace, a garment that I hoped would fit. As I mentioned previously, this yarn was the first real yarn I bought from a real yarn store, when I had no idea what I was buying, how much to buy, or what I would use it for.
All I can say is I love it and I will make another one soon. I bought the yarn for it already. More online Egyptian mercerized cotton in a lovely green colorway. I loved knitting with it and I love how the blocked version feels and fits. So here's the crappy mirror shot.

Modifications: I added another row of lace. When I make it again,I'll decrease more on the straps. They are a little wider than I'd like but overall, I'm happy.

9 comments:

Noey D. said...

It looks great, even in the crappy mirror shot! Pretty color too! I've looked and looked at Soleil, but I'm still intimidated by it!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful! It looks very nice on you. I hadn't seen this pattern before, but I will definitely check it out.

Anonymous said...

Shar- The sweater looks fabulous on you! Perfect!

Shar said...

Thanks for the nice comments, I'm so glad it fits.

jillian said...

That looks lovely on you! Beautiful and curvalicious! Before I started knitting, the idea of MAKING a garment was beyond the pale. And now look at us!

shizzknits said...

Very pretty! I like the color on you! It looks like it fits just perfectly. Nice work.

WandaWoman said...

Soleil is beautiful. Looks great on you!

Christie said...

Very nice! I really like the color.

Bear Knits said...

Soleil looks great! I'm still intimidated by it.