Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Contemplating crochet

I learned the very basics of crochet when I was 11 or 12. My best friend's mom taught us how to chain, single crochet and double crochet. I vaguely remember crocheting a bright yellow vest. I remember being very proud of myself at the time.
Now 30+ years later, I think it's time to really learn how to crochet and read patterns. I've been following the weekly crochet lessons on crafty daisies blog. I've been checking out all of the >larger than life bags around blogland and I'm thinking about making one of these as well.

Yesterday I bought my first crochet book, all of the hooks and yarn.

Tonight I plan to cast on (?) chain on? Whatever it's called.

3 comments:

knittingnurse said...

Aack! You TOO?!?!

EVERYONE is crocheting!

(good luck)

Adrienne said...

Good luck! Im starting again too!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!

Welcome back to crochet!