Thursday, November 17, 2005

80 + Degrees in November

It's 80 degrees with dry Santa Ana winds. Of course, in preparation for "winter", I thought wouldn't it be fun to make some wrist warmers. As I worked on them, for me, my son decided they were just what he needed for cold evenings at Soccer practice. So, these became his. The pattern is from Last Minute knitted gifts. Made from one skein of Noro silk garden and size 8 DPN's. When I make more, my daughter has decided she needs some too, I'll use 2 circs instead. I've decided I do not like silk garden, but more on that later. I guess the whole skein is one repeat, as you can see, these are fraternal twins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - but they are so incredibly pretty in Silk Garden. Of course, they would lovely in many other Noro yarns, too. I just made a pair of the men's hand warmer's from LMKG!

Noey D. said...

Can you believe this weather?? I'm gonna make those wrist warmers too.....some day!! I found the mini circs at Wild Fiber.

Lynda said...

I've got wrist warmers on the to do list too! - but with this weather it's a little hard to get motivated! I do like the Noro - but your right, not so easy if you want matchy-matchy!

WandaWoman said...

I like those wrist warmers. I wonder why you dislike Silk Garden. I love all the Noro stuff. I might try my hand at making some of these are the hand warmers, hmm.