Saturday, November 26, 2005

Never go to the store hungry

Have you ever gone to the grocery store when you are starving? What happens? You buy out the whole dang store. Everything goes into the basket especially a huge amount of snack foods. Well, that's what I did on Friday, only I was hungry for yarn. I went to the yarn store while I was starving. I needed to start the essential stripe pullover because I need a project with mindless stockinett stitch. As you can see, I have other projects on the needles, but I must follow the patterns to closely for them to be my mindless knit project. I have some yarn in my stash that I decided to use, only I needed some additional colors for the stripes.
So, I went to the yarn store with the intention of buying a couple of contrasting colors for this project. Of course that didn't work. I walked out with this wonderful alpaca silk. I've been lusting after this yarn for a while but I never had a project in mind. Unfortunately, this store had the alpaca silk pattern book next to the yarn. Once I opened it and found this, I had to have it.
Oh, I bought the other yarn as well.
A lot of dollars later, I walked out of the store shell shocked, but I have a wonderful snack to work on.....Alpaca silk.....yum yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy snacking...er, knitting! It is fun, isn't it, to go a little crazy? And that is a very lovely pattern, I hadn't seen that before.

Anonymous said...

GOOD LORD! What did you do buy the entire stock of Debbie BlissS:o) Hey, we all need to be spoiled sometimes. Have fun knitting.