Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mental health day

I took a mental health day from work today. My weekend is going to be so busy with working at our team's soccer tournament. Sat and Sunday will be spent working the tounament. Checking in teams, field patrol and restroom duty. So, today was my relaxation day. Although I didn't do much resting. I made the trek to the not so local yarn store. I wanted to get some self patterning sock yarn so I could concentrate on 2 socks on 2 circs without worrying about following a stitch pattern. I plan to knit these up on my lunch hour and during the tournament if I have free time.
Of course I couldn't walk out without picking up something else.
I also pick up the Mason Dixon book. I didn't realise it was such a big book. It's gorgeous, the colors, the prints, the stories and the patterns are wonderful. I started a little project from it as well. My daughter saw this page and immediately requested some to hang in her room. Believe it or not, these are the colors on her wall. VERY VERY bright blue and green.
My focus for the next few weeks will be small projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear of others that believe in "mental health days"!! Just as important as sick days.

Small projects are great for mental health too! Why do you think I do so many :)