Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Secret Pal 6

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I must admit I am a yarn snob. I can't take the squeaking of 100% acrylic.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin and don't plan to learn, that will take up the precious knitting time. I learned the basic crochet stitches when I was much younger...Let's say 10 or so. I've never completed an object in crochet, but I'm ok with finishing with a crochet edging.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I don't have any allergies, but I really don't like the smell of smoke.The hubby is allergic to cats and dogs (asthma).

4. How long have you been knitting?
I started knitting in March 05, so I've hit the 6 month mark.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes indeed, see my sidebar. Hmmm guess I should update it.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I prefer water based scents. Rain, ocean mist,etc.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Absolutely, can you say chocoholic with a capital C. I love milk chocolate with peanuts and caramel. Yum!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
None, knitting is all I do.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm not a big music person at all. If I have the radio on, it's usually on a smooth jazz station.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Favorites, blues, greens, earth tones. Can't stand bright variegated colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
No pets, my husband is very allergic. I'm married with 3 teen aged girls(19,18 &13) and 1 11 year old son. My wonderful MIL and 6 year old niece live with us as well.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know.
I'm living my dreams.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love the Debbie bliss yarns, cashmerino and baby cashmerino. I'm still very much in the exploration phase with yarn.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylic, scratchy wools. Since I live in Southern California, I don't think I'll ever knit with 100% wool for garments. It just doesn't get cold enough here. Thank God!!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
No obsessions yet. Just trying to expand my knowledge and challenge myself.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

See Previous answer :)

17. What are you knitting right now?
Clapotis, river and up next FBS.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Cute for small children only.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project. For scarves, straights, otherwise circs all the way.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the project and the yarn. I have them all, I'm must confess.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I've tried, knit one pair so far, but the small needles bother my hands.I want to try the magic loop method and socks with 2 cirs.

22. How did you learn to knit?
A co-worker taught me how to cast on and the knit stitch. That got me started. Everything else I've learned from the internet, books and videos.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Ummm 3 months, I have to rip back tempting and finish it. I'll get to it....I will!!

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
None

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love them because each year I host those holidays at my home and its nice to have a house full of relatives and friends.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Black Nurse figurines, teapots.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Vogue & Rowan

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Knitting on the edge and the book of sweater patterns.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
No, I have no self control. If I see a pattern I like, it's very hard for me to not buy it right away.

Thank you in advance secret pal. This is my first time participating and I'm looking forward to making a new pal.

No comments: